Looking for a simple treat to add to your next party? Why not make these little french style macaroons instead of picking them up at a bakery! You could make them for your next event without breaking the bank! The best part about it…you can make them in so many different flavors then decorate them however you dang well please. I created a fun little decorating station and you could to, just make sure you include different fillings, jams, and sprinkles! This would be perfect for a kids party or any special event. See the how-to details below…
I hope you enjoy making these fun little cookies! I sure did! xo
Here’s the recipes + directions.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla if your looking for extra flavor
- Whisk together almond flour and confectioner’s sugar and sift over a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add granulated sugar and almond extract or use vanilla extract for extra flavor, beat until medium shiny peaks, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold egg whites into almond mixture until combined. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or zip lock bag, cut off 1/2 inch off tip. Pipe 1-inch rounds about 1 inch apart on parchment-lined sheets.
- Let dry 30 minutes to an hour and a half until tops are firm and dry. Preheat oven to 350. Bake one sheet at a time for about 14 minutes, rotating once. Let cool completely.
Filling: You can use jam or any type of buttercream filling you already love. Here’s what I used for my filling
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 package of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries or raspberries.
Blend cream cheese and butter together. Add raspberries and vanilla, until a smooth consistency. Add 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time. Fill in piping bag and fill cookies.
Please note: this macaroon recipe was adapted from this one HERE…I substituted the almond meal for almond flour + added vanilla to enhance the flavor!