This recipe is as easy as it is delicious. A few simple steps and you’ve got a
warm lunch or light dinner. It can also be made vegan!
Cauliflower is a wild healthy vegetable that’s readily available and reasonably
priced! Low in calories, rich in vitamin C and fiber, this cruciferous vegetable is so versatile. So let’s get cooking!
Ingredients for 2-4 servings:
1 large cauliflower, florets divided and center core removed
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups unsweetened almond milk or low fat milk, or more depending on desired
2 tbsp cashews, toasted
salt + pepper to taste
2 tbsp breadcrumbs (optional topping)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Toss cauliflower with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt + pepper and coat evenly
3. Roast until golden brown and cooked through
4. In a heavy bottom skillet, sautè onions and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil until
5. Add onions, garlic and cashews to blender and mix to combine well
6. Add cauliflower and milk, continue to blend until very smooth and creamy
7. Toast breadcrumbs in a dry skillet over medium low heat until crisp [you
could also use a small amount of olive oil or butter to crisp further, but be mindful not to burn them!]
8. Serve immediately alone or with rosemary cashews
We would love to hear from you if you make this recipe at home! please share and tag you picture #momsbestrecipes Hope you enjoy!