Hi it’s Tiffany from Wholefork.com bringing you a tasty dish for game day! Are you ready to add a little delicious heat to your Super Bowl Sunday? These tuna stuffed jalapeno poppers are a crowd pleaser, and even better they’re healthy too! The mayo in this recipe somewhat tames the heat of the jalapeno, so it’s not too hot. You can make the stuffing one or two days in advanced and store in the refrigerator. Then come game day, stuff the jalapeno peppers, grill for a few minutes and then serve to the game crowd while still hot off the grill.
1 can of tuna fish, packed in water
1/4 red, bell pepper, finely chopped
4 green onions, finely chopped
handful of cilantro, finely chopped
3 Tbsp paleo mayo
5 very large jalapeno peppers
1. Combine tuna, red pepper, green onions, cilantro, avocado and mayo (DIY paleo mayo recipe) in a bowl.
2. Season tuna mixture with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Tuna mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple days or can be used immediately.
4. Cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Here I only used 5 whole peppers, but they were very large.
5. Stuff jalapenos with tuna mixture.
6. Grill over medium heat for ~8 minutes.
7. Serve while still hot from the grill, and enjoy!
[…] I posted it for Super Bowl Sunday, but really this appetizer will work for almost any occasion. Click Here to find the recipe over on Mom’s […]
[…] wanted to make some tuna stuffed jalapenos (like these that I shared over on Mom’s Best Network), and then I thought to wrap them in bacon. Oh my, […]