Have any of you started thinking about Thanksgiving Dinner yet? Its right around the corner and I have been having so much fun lately trying to reinvent in a healthy way some of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes and get them perfected for the big day! I’m excited to share with you my current recipe obsession. One of my kids favorite dishes is green bean casserole, they go nuts for the stuff. So, in an effort to please them my Honey Roasted Green Beans were born!
2 lbs of fresh green beans, tips removed
2 lbs of fresh asparagus, tough ends removed
4 TBS of oil (coconut, olive, or avocado all work and taste great!)
2-3 TBS of honey
3/4 C of walnuts
Bleu Cheese, crumbled to taste (optional, but totally worth it!)
1. Preheat your oven to 400
2. Wash and prep your green beans and asparagus, place them in a large bowl with the walnuts.
3. Whisk together the oil and the honey together and drizzle into the bowl with the green beans.
4. Toss the contents in the bowl well to coat everything evenly.
5. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
6. Remove from oven, crumble bleu cheese on top, serve and enjoy!